Friday, April 15, 2011

Europe has cool commercials

So, during a gap between classes, a few classmates and I were looking around the internet for some good advertisements. Betsy came across this IKEA commercial which is only aired in Europe:



Yes, it's pretty hilarious, and definitely memorable.

Now, how is this good advertising? As explained in class, we must not be literal when it comes to visuals. IKEA is known for its furniture, but furniture was not the main component of this advertisement, which made it new and interesting to watch.

Here's another one, that was banned. I wonder why?



As I watched this commercial, the last thing on my mind was "IKEA," but they did an awesome job in tying everything together. Although the commercial is a little out there, it still does it's job.

2 comments:

  1. Love those Ikea commercials. They really did step outside the box with those. Maybe the spaghetti one was banned because it was too sexual for tv. I just saw another Ikea commercial with the fork. I'm pretty sure that one was banned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Awesome job of tying everything together!" :D Pun intended? ;) Hahaha- those ads are totally unexpected and definitely shift my mental image of IKEA!

    ReplyDelete