All of the animals in those photos had HUGE eyes and tiny bodies, giving out that "cute" and "adorable" appearance. That is a very powerful tool in advertising because no one can say NO to those little guys. I remember watching TV commercials about animal abuse, filled with images of animals whom you just feel sorry for, and most importantly, whom you can't say NO to. Soon after you'll find yourself donating loads of money to save the poor animals, I know I did.
Now, I wonder: will the "cute" effect work throughout different types of campaigns? We shall see.

Monkey!
I think the cute effect is like the sexual appeal effect. Although the cute effect works more for girls than guys as the sexual appeal way works more for guys than girls. Some men do not like admitting they think something is cute even though they think it. I think advertisements can be also seen as a way to trick people to do what the ad wants them to do. The problem is actually getting the viewers to take action.
ReplyDelete